Michael Daly

On 29-Sep-2004, patriarch wrote:

First off I would recommend getting a more powerful router if you are
going to be cutting raised panels with horizontal bits.

Adding to what Leon has said - that more powerful router should likely stay
in the table all of the time. Once you get set up to properly use the 'big
router' for raised panels and other table tasks, resetting it for other
uses is a PITA. Much more time wasted than even the hobbyist will
appreciate.

And if you decide to go that route, I'd say that you might want something
else for a plunge router. The 890 plunge base sucks IMHO.

Mike