Pete C

On 28 Sep 2004 22:19:17 -0700,
(energy_freak) wrote:

Hi,

You may be able to adapt a split air conditioner/heat pump to use your
well water as a source, are you dead set against using a heat pump?

Yes, I am against using a heat pump for all those good reasons I
mentioned in my post and I have no interest in split air
conditioner/heat pump either.

Okaaay! You can provide cooling with chilled water, this may also
provide dehumidification if the water temperature is below the
dewpoint of the cooled air.

It would be worth doing some trials to see how much cooling and
dehumdification a water/air exchanger will give.

If you can get some quite cheaply it should be doable. You may not get
scale deposits in them for cooling but the pH of the water needs to be
checked.

For minimising solar gain, as well as shading consider solar/blackout
blinds, and as well as attic ventilation consider a radiant barrier
such as foil stapled to the roof rafters.

Whether a heat pump is better than gas for winter heating depends
largely on the relative cost of electricity to gas. How do they
compare in your area?

Definetely not in favor of gas as the cost of Natural gas is
absolutely out of reach during winter season.

In that case you would be better off with electric heating. For 'on
demand' heating there should be electic showers and washroom heaters
that can do the job. If gas is a lot cheaper the rest of the year a
'multipoint' gas heater could be worth having too.

cheers,
Pete.