On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:55:16 -0400, "Gary" wrote:

I am considering purchasing this router and would appreciate any of your
input on its suitability for my intended purpose. The router is 2.25 hp and
comes with a Gripvac fixed base (a variant to the D handle) and a plunge
base.
I am new to router tables and cutting raised panels, but I anticipate using
it for typical router table work including cutting raised panels and styles
and rails.

it's intended to be a general purpose router. it has the balls to do
the occasional panel raising and stick and cope work, but if that will
be it's main use get something bigger.

I also anticpate occasionally using it freehand for edge
trimming and such.

that's more like it.

Finally, who do you recommend purchasing this router from?

someone local. a real tool store, one with a service department and
sales people who have a clue. the few dollars difference in price are
worth it.

Amazon has this
router $269, less $25 and free shipping. Coastal has it for $269 less $40
plus shipping ~ $8.
Thanks for any advice any of you can provide.
Gary