Leon

"Gary" wrote in message
I am considering purchasing this router and would appreciate any of your
input on its suitability for my intended purpose. The router is 2.25 hp
and
comes with a Gripvac fixed base (a variant to the D handle) and a plunge
base.
I am new to router tables and cutting raised panels, but I anticipate
using
it for typical router table work including cutting raised panels and
styles
and rails. I also anticpate occasionally using it freehand for edge
trimming and such.
Finally, who do you recommend purchasing this router from? Amazon has
this
router $269, less $25 and free shipping. Coastal has it for $269 less $40
plus shipping ~ $8.
Thanks for any advice any of you can provide.
3

First off I would recommend getting a more powerful router if you are going
to be cutting raised panels with horizontal bits.