Nick Lane

I recently had brit gas come and quote to put CH in (robbers...thats another
story) and they now show you a little video on their laptops of a condensing
combi in operation ...believe me its more than a kettle steam train is
closer...... they advised that it went in the loft with a flue coming out
the roof so as not cause probs to my neighbours.
Nick
"IMM" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message
gna03633 wrote:

How big can this plume be?

I think you woulf have to be pretty anal to get that worried about it.
We are not talking steam train here! Probably no more dramatic that a
boiling kettle.

You have to be kidding. My condenser in winter when starting up can give a
plume about 2 to 3 foot long and very thick. Have one of these a few foot
from your flat window and you will be ****ed off.

I am keen to get something that is energy efficent, but need something

that
will fit into the 'tiny' space I have

I had a similar requirement - I wanted a decent condesing combi that
would fit the rather small space left by a tiny gloworm system boiler.
Spent a long time trawling through specs to find something small enough,
and with enough power. I eventually found the Isar I mentioned above,
was nice to install and has performed very well since. I would be
interesting to know if you find any smaller.

--
Cheers,

John.