Brian Sharrock

":::Jerry::::" wrote in message

"Ric" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Ric wrote:
I recently did three in the bedroom into solid brick without any
trouble (there was an incident involving drilling a fixing hole too
deep and coming out the other side of an interior wall - but that's
another story!) -

Ideal time to fit that additional socket in there too, then, ;-)

Can't really think of a use for a socket halfway up the stairs!

I can.
You have obviously never lived in a large 'Victorian' house, with 12 - 15

ft
ceilings, half landings are common and can be some distance from other
electrical outlets were a vacuum cleaner etc can be plugged into.

You took the words out of my mouth ...,
we inherited a socket half-way-up-the stairs too; it's
ideal for plugging in the vacuum cleaner and at
Christmas time comes into its one for plugging
in the hall's fairy-lights.

--

Brian