Harry

"
I will shortly be changing the position of my electrical sockets in one of
my bedrooms. Currently they are surface mounted sockets, but for neatness

would like to take this opportunity to change them to flush fitting

sockets.
When I have previously attempted to fix back boxes into walls on previous
jobs, I have always had problems getting the box square, and sitting flush
in the wall. I have previously only used a drill, hammer and bolster to
create the hole for the box. Recently I have seen these Box Sinker Sets

that
fit to an SDS drill to create a perfect hole and they also are used to
channel the wall out for the cable, has anyone any experience of using
these? If so, are they worth the investment? (not just for one job), or

has
anyone got any other tips for me to make the job easier and neater.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Very expensive just for one job. Really meant for a pro who will use it
daily. Get a template box from one of the sheds (Box with honeycomb spacing)
It will enable you to drill a neat outline of a socket box. For depth just
mark up a drill bit with the combined box depth and the intended depth of
the back box. I usually make the depth just a little bit more and shove in
some plaster prior to fitting the back box. Clear any excess . Saves a lot
of time in trying to get an exact depth for each box.