Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul S wrote:
When I have previously attempted to fix back boxes into walls on
previous jobs, I have always had problems getting the box square, and
sitting flush in the wall. I have previously only used a drill, hammer
and bolster to create the hole for the box. Recently I have seen these
Box Sinker Sets that fit to an SDS drill to create a perfect hole and
they also are used to channel the wall out for the cable, has anyone any
experience of using these? If so, are they worth the investment? (not
just for one job), or has anyone got any other tips for me to make the
job easier and neater.

I don't think it's worth the effort trying to make a neat hole - after all
the cables will ruin at least one side of it. Just make one big enough and
deep enough then make good afterwards. It's easier to make good moderate
sized gaps with a one coat plaster than mess about filling small ones with
pollyfilla.

If the wall material is crumbly, quick set cement is a good idea to hold
the box in place before making good - a chunk of wood laid up against it
at 45 degrees ish will hold it until it sets.

--
*If they arrest the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.