mike ring

wrote in :

While I use the internet heavily I've really never found much use for
a mobile phone. I have one and it gets used about two or three times
a year (yes, really!). For that reason I have it on a Virgin PAYG
account so it costs nothing when I don't use it.

Me too, mine is strictly for emergencies, and is always switched off unless
there's family trouble about.

I call my answering machine occasionally to keep the account alive.

I hope I never use it, the only numbers in it are breakdown insurance and
next of kin,

I'm totally baffled by the mobile phone culture - except for tradesmen, and
I even know one who won't accept calls on his mobile, they cause too much
disruption to earning a crust.

mike