Jerry G.

Most of these types of boxes must be kept activated by the cable company to
continue to work even as a simple tuner. This depends on the design. If you
call the tech department of your cable company, I am sure that they can
answer this for you. Tell them you want to know if the box would work as a
simple converter for an older TV, if you keep it.

The cable company in the area where I live did the same thing.
Unfortunately, their boxes were no longer working once they discontinued
their service. In the end, their boxes were as good as a 5 lbs boat anchor.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Tony Marsillo" wrote in message
My cable company has switched to new boxes, Scientific Atlanta, and have
told us to remove the old boxes, GI CFT2254/0800. We were told to throw out
the old boxes. I would like to use them as a tuner, I am not interested in
the decoder section. Is this possible?

It seems a shame to throw these out. They are full featured converters with
volume control, audio/video output and remote control. Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair