Andy Cuffe

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:52:54 -0400, "Tony Marsillo"
wrote:

My cable company has switched to new boxes, Scientific Atlanta, and have
told us to remove the old boxes, GI CFT2254/0800. We were told to throw out
the old boxes. I would like to use them as a tuner, I am not interested in
the decoder section. Is this possible?

It seems a shame to throw these out. They are full featured converters with
volume control, audio/video output and remote control. Any ideas?

Thanks

These are controlled by the cable company and will stop working after
not receiving their control signal for a certain amount of time.
There are devices you can install to activate these boxes. They
basically simulate the cable company's control signal and keep the box
active. These are sold for the purpose of stealing pay channels, so
you should only do this if there will no longer be any analog pay
channels on your cable system. Unfortunately, there's no other way to
make the box work.
Andy Cuffe