On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:06:13 -0400, "Rekit" wrote:

I remember seein' a couple-few references in the past concerning using
automotive Slick50/Duralube/Greased Lightning/Other with the DuPont PTFE oil
additive to coat/protect a table saw, or pretty much any, cast iron top...
the formula is purported to chemically 'bond' with the metal to
coat/seal/protect and reduce friction...

Anyone have any experience with this, or suggestions on application?
wipe-on, let soak, wipe-off? I'd hope this bonding process doesn't require
the heat of the engine to work,

it does.

the very notion of stuffing my saw into an
oven to bake is ludicrous :P

I only ask because I have access to some quantity of this stuff at a much
cheaper (read: Free) price than any of those commercial products, and while
I can't seem to find the references in the news archives, I remember someone
made it work... anyone?

TIA

I used the gear lube version in my skilsaw. that saw is still going
strong mebbe 15 or 20 years now. 'course these days I don't use it
like I used to...