Joe Fleming

STEMO,

You've asked a $64,000 question. Hollow forms include a huge array of
shapes and sizes. There is no single tool or system that can cover
the entire range. Most systems, even smaller ones, approach $80-$100.
they go up from there. (I'm not counting homemade which can be had
for a lot less).

I have three recommendations.

1 - Get the videos the others recommended.

2 - Read the articles on "More Woodturning's website written by Lyn
Mangiameli regarding hollowing tools. He has written extensively on
all sorts of tools, tool systems, handles, etc. You can get his
opinion of many tools and well as an excellent survey of what is on
the market.

3 - Talk to some other turners and borrow their tools. Hollowing
tools are expensive. I personally have better than $2,500 worth and I
use most of them for all kinds of hollow forms from Christmas ornament
balls to large vessels. Try them out before you buy.

Joe Fleming - San Diego

(Wood Turn It Dont Burn It) wrote in message ...
I want to try my hand at hollow vessels and would appreciate
recomendations on a good book and what tools I would need to do this.
I've been turning bowls for a year now with pretty good success and want
to take this next step. Your input is greatly appreciated.

STEMO