TURTLE

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:xM56d.307309$Lj.300578@fed1read03...

I'll second that opinion. Since milk goes down the digestive tract through
the esophagus, and air goes into the lungs through the trachea, one would
have to snort a lot of milk to get it in the right tube. Welding projects
that would call for the welding of ALREADY galvanized metal would be some
shade tree poor boy operation that I wouldn't have anything to do with. Can
you imagine how an inspector would set up parameters for inspection? It
would be impossible, not to mention a red flag for any safety man that is
conscious.

And it isn't called "industrial neumonia", but metal fume fever, cadmium
pneumonitis, polymer fume fever, fluorocarbon pyrolysis-related syndrome,
and many other names.

And I would use 6010 or 6011 to bite right through the little bit of
galvanize on a nut and washer. I have wirefed a lot of galvanized nuts and
washers with no ill effects that I know of. Other people tell me they have
noticed a change in me, but I think they're full of it.

Steve

This is Turtle.

Thank You Dr. Steve for the fine artical on Industrial Newmonia. As you say the
Metal fumes goes into your lungs and milk goes into you digestive system. The
Galv. metal does not start to hurt you till the vapor metal get in your blood
stream. It fills up you red blood cell cups and causes you to not carry oxygen
from the lungs and then the lungs start filling up with fluid or water vapor
left in the lungs that was not carried away like it should have. Then you drown
or have what you call Industrial Newmonia. The Calcium in the milk will attach
it'self to the Galv. metal and be dumped out of the body. Welders are hard
headed about wearing Carbon type mask and at this time they will be given milk
if your not going to do what your suppose to do.

Now Welding Already Galv. Metal pipe being only done by Shade Tree welders. well
Let me let you in on a little secret here. Exxon Co. U.S.A / South Offshore
Division has about 3/4 of all the small pipes for water and fuel supply lines
are Galv. coated because it is the only thing that will really hold up to the
Salt water and Rust on low pressure lines. They have demet coating for any of
the larger lines that are subjected to high pressure and Galv. lines can't be
used for the rust will eat out under the Galv. coating and not show up to a
visiual inspection. Galv. pipe can only be used on pressure under 200 psi. Now a
lot of it is screw pipe but better than half is socket welded and use Galv. pipe
and fittings.

You had said that you had been acting a little strange lately while welding some
galv. metal. Hey it has a long term effect on you and also it will make all your
kids and grand kids all be born nake. Watch out here to prevent this.

TURTLE