Harry K

"N7RX" wrote in message ...
I have an 80 gal. pressure tank located at my wellhead with a pressure
switch. Works fine. I want to move the pressure tank into the house, which
is something like 120 feet of 1.5" pipe "downstream" from the wellhead, and
leave the pressure switch in place at the wellhead. The goals are to
downsize the pumphouse by getting rid of the pressure tank, re-locate the
pressure tank to an area where it can be better protected from the elements,
and improve the in-house water pressure.

I do not want to move the pressure switch from the wellhead - trenching for
the control line would complicate this project by many orders of magnitude.

Another way to put this is: Can the pressure switch and the pressure tank be
located in different places and must the pressure tank be located at the
wellhead? Will moving the tank closer to the appliance improve the in-house
water pressure? Will it kill the pump?

TIA

Need a bit more information to be sure. What is the elevation
difference from the house to the well and is the house above or below
the well? This will affect the house pressure. You may also need to
adjust the precharge in the tank after the move. If the two are at
the same elevation, you will see no difference in the house pressure,
1.5" pipe is overkill for that installation.

As for remote location of tank and switch, I can see no problems with
that. The switch will still sense the pressure at the well head and
thus make the pump run just as it always has.

Harry K