Dave L.

There's two water inlet valves that are electrically operated. The one for hot
water may be defective, or may have some debris in the seat causing it to leak.

Replace or repair is your option. Unplug the washer before repairing.

Dave

In article , "RZ"
wrote:

Hi, I'm drowning.....

I have a Maytag Automatic washer model # LAT9635AAE that continues to leak
hot water into the tub, when the washer is off. I have shut off the hot
water supply to the washer, and that is the only way to stop the leak....I'm
thinking there may be a faulty one-way valve in the washer's hot water line,
but that is only a guess.

Can anyone help me before I tear my wife's washing machine apart??