SteveB

"Dave" wrote in message
news:av56d.531379$M95.351552@pd7tw1no...
You spelled 'neumonia' wrong. I think the milk advice is bizarre

medical
info, from laypeople who should know better. As to the welding rod, 6011
works fine for small jobs like this, and I wouldn't worry about the
miniscule amount of ionized heavy metal. Professional welders do this all
the time, and 'industrial neumonia' is surprisingly uncommon.

Dave

I'll second that opinion. Since milk goes down the digestive tract through
the esophagus, and air goes into the lungs through the trachea, one would
have to snort a lot of milk to get it in the right tube. Welding projects
that would call for the welding of ALREADY galvanized metal would be some
shade tree poor boy operation that I wouldn't have anything to do with. Can
you imagine how an inspector would set up parameters for inspection? It
would be impossible, not to mention a red flag for any safety man that is
conscious.

And it isn't called "industrial neumonia", but metal fume fever, cadmium
pneumonitis, polymer fume fever, fluorocarbon pyrolysis-related syndrome,
and many other names.

And I would use 6010 or 6011 to bite right through the little bit of
galvanize on a nut and washer. I have wirefed a lot of galvanized nuts and
washers with no ill effects that I know of. Other people tell me they have
noticed a change in me, but I think they're full of it.

Steve