tweaked

Bob A. Booey wrote in
news:2004092322411616807%nospam@nospamcom:

A lesser concern: we also have noticed a section of floor where the
polyurthane looks especially thick, as though it pooled a bit, and now
has a slightly raised, wavy edge on one side (about 12"-18" in length).
The area where it is located will likely be covered by an area rug, so
I'm not too concerned, but, for posterity's sake, I'd like to know how
to deal with it, in case I choose to do so.

Floor mans best friend is a sharp scraper. You can scrape the area
carefully and recoatfor sheen(or polish but that requires more advice)

Maybe better is to use a safety razor blade and pull it towards you in a
scraping motion. It will peel finish. The finish should be cured for this
technique though.