Jeff Wisnia

Andy Asberry wrote:
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:39:40 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Eric R Snow
says...

And sparkplugs have been metric for years. Blew me away when I
measured the threads on an antique sparkplug made in America for
domestic use and found out they were metric.

IIRC at one time sparkplugs were also NPT.

Jim

You remember right Jim, and some of them also disassembled for cleaning!

Here's one like that I picked up at an antique shop in Minnesota a few
years ago. A copper gasket seals the porcelain to the body.

Dual ground electrodes too!

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.jpg

Jeff

Before someone jumps on me, the copper gasket seals to the metal band
fused to the porcelain, OK?

Jeff

What is something like that worth? I think I have one in a box out in
the shop. I didn't realize it came apart.

I bought two from a roadside antique/junque shop. IIRC I think I paid
about $12 for the pair. They were pretty well rusted and the hexes
somwhat rounded off. I kept one and gave the other to an rcm poster
there in Minnesota.

I'm sure a virgin one in its original box would have a higher value to a
collector, and as I've discovered since the advent of the internet and
eBay, there are collectors of EVERYTHING. You could always list it on
eBay with a high enough reserve to make you happy if it sold.

Jeff

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"