Norminn

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , "JerryL"
wrote:

companies from Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas. This time, these states
have their hands full restoring power to their own states after Hurricane
Ivan devastated them so our power company will have to go it alone, thus the
big delays.

FWIW, the Indy paper has had some articles on Indiana area
electrical crews heading south to help with the clean up. We were
heading down to Destin a couple of years ago after a near miss and
saw convoys or utillity trucks (some with Detroit Edison on the
side) heading back from their staging area when they weren't
needed). Utilities have their own mutal aid pacts, too.

We just got our power back on about an hour ago, then off, on, off, on,
..........Florida power isn't reliable on a good day. Our area operates
on max limit, lots of surges and flickers. I heard on the news
yesterday.....battery radio.....a piece about the hours power co.
employees have been working. They got to 16 hours on, 8 off, then 24
on, 8 off. Didn't learn the area they were speaking of,but that is
approaching danger levels IMO. The land of retirees voted down tax
measures that would have built roads, schools, bridges, etc., and now
have been playing catchup to try to meet the dense population's needs.
Over saturated, over built. Lots of folks bought into areas that are
really risky environmentally....barrier islands move, but folks want
them to stay in place. Not nature's way )

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the
ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."