Will Niccolls

"LarryK"

What do people think? It would be great if people could list some
brand names they've used. I get confused with the number of different
brands.

I second the recommendation for USG primer. See if you can find a drywall
supply shop, they usually carry it.

On the house I recently gutted and rebuilt, I used it on the new sheetrock,
and it is better than any other I've ever used. My first coat of mid grade
Duron paint went on like butter; in one coat it covered evenly and looked
great.

Its about $35 for a 5 gallon bucket, more expensive than other primers, but
I think it was well worth it. If you use a sprayer, the recommended tip is
different than for wall paint, I think the primer is thicker and goopier....

Will Niccolls