Katherine

Default Adding a bathtub to two piece bathroom

We're in the process of looking for a house and one of the things that
I really REALLY want is a full master ensuite. This way we won't have
to share a tub with the University students we plan to rent rooms to!

However, I feel that to get the best deal we should be open to
considering some of the houses that only have a two piece bath, but
perhaps enough room to install a tub either in the bedroom (near the
bathroom), or expand the bathroom, etc. You get the idea of what I'm
talking about.

My question is, generally, is it a pain in the butt to add a tub into
an existing home? This would be on a main floor, but there is a
chance if there is a powder room in the basement and bedrooms there,
we may need to add a shower or tub in the basement as well.

I tried searching the net but didn't really come up with anything
useful. We wouldn't do the plumbing ourselves, but we would do a lot
of the drywall, construction and any electrical that needs to be moved
(hubbys an electrician but no plumber!), but the plumbing we would
leave to a professional. We just want an idea of how big a job it is
(in general, I know it depends on the situation).

Thanks in advance!!
Shaynelle