IQMGT

"Art" wrote in message link.net...
Just receive notice of class action settlement for Maytag Neptune front
loaders.
After reading it several times, seems to me that the settlement is unfair
and people should object to it.

For one thing, at least until recently, if you called Maytag and asked about
a mildew smell they made all the specified repairs for free, except perhaps
the wax motor lock, which they just protected from damage with tape.

For another, as of last month, no new repairs are covered. And if you are
living with a smelly machine right now, looks like they won't begin fixing
them until 2005 because that is when the paperwork is due in. So what are
you supposed to do till then?

Plus the lawyers get $8 million, yet there is only a $2 million fund for
cash settlements. Yes there are non-cash reimbursements available but this
is obscene.

Seems to me the best thing to do is to attempt to undermine this deal and
convince Maytag not to buckle. Their policy of repairing the machines has
been fair in my experience. You have until early November to object to the
deal. Certainly consider doing so.

Apparently if you haven't had a repair before the settlement date.
August 9, 2004 I think, you just need to call up Maytag and schedule
the free repair. You only need to send in a claim to recover costs
for repairs made before that date. That's what we did last week. The
reason we called was the washer would no longer enter the spin cycle
or drain. They replaced our moldy boot, circuit board, and motor.

IQMGT