N. Thornton

Default Fibreglass flat roof

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:06:51 -0000, "Peter Balcombe" wrote:

I have a large rear flat roof loft extension (roof circa 22 foot by 18
foot) which was constructed in 1980 making my semi detached bungalow into a
two storey building. It was reroofed about 7-8 years ago and is currently in
good condition. I had left it too long and got leakage so the work involved
replacement of boards, insulation etc. I am anxious not to leave it too long
again and as I have insurance policies due to mature within the next year am
adding recovering the roof to the list of projects.

you plan to rip out and replace a good roof? I would question that.

Are fibre glass roofs as durable and problem free as claimed? Are there any
downsides?

Fibreglass is quite DIYable. It isnt totally immune to problems,
sometimes it does crack and fail in time, but that tends to be quite a
long time.

Regards, NT