Peter Parry

Default Fibreglass flat roof

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:40:15 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

Given the state of some fibreglass cars I've seen, I'm not sure it lasts
for ever when exposed to sunlight etc.

Glass of course is the major constituent and that last longer than
thee or me. Glass Fibre cars last extremely well from a mechanical
point of view - they just get a bit faded and the surface gel coat
gets crazed which isn't an issue with a roof (as you don't use an
anaerobic gel coat as you do with a moulded item).

The other huge advantage of GF as a roofing material is it is
extraordinarily simple to repair if damaged and the repair (if done
with a modicum of care) is as strong as the original.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/