Don K

"Don" wrote in message
om...
I have a 1700 square foot house on a crawl space foundation with the
bedrooms on one end of the house and a living room/dining room/kitchen
on the other. I have propane water and heat.

To make a long story short the living room/dining room/kitchen area
stays colder than the rest of the house. I have had the system looked
at and it is working fine.

Dollars to donuts, you would probably get the most bang for the
buck by increasing your insulation over that crawl space.

Also whenever you have a fire going, cold air is being sucked
into the house to replace the air going out the chimney, unless
that insert has an outside air intake.

Don't fool around with the chimney unless and until you know
what you're doing.

Any electric heater is just as efficient as any other, if
that's what you want.

Don