Jeremy Robbins

Default New Construction vs Replacement Windows?

I have a contractor who has offered to install replacement windows,
but in a way I am not familiar with. He is proposing to remove the
brick molding and interior molding and cut through the existing nail
flange with a sawzall. The replacement window will then be installed
with screws through the sides in the rough window opening, not the
window frame like a normal replacement window. Is this a good idea?
Should I tell him we want new constuction windows without the nailing
fin instead of a replacement window? Can you put a new construction
window with the frame in without messing with the siding?
Thanks for any help!
I am so confused by the numerous contractors I have talked too, one
says replacement bad, use new, another says use sash replacements.
tex