TURTLE

"Michael" wrote in message
om...
Any things I need to make sure if I want to buy a refrigerator to put
in my garage. The garage is inside the house, but it is not very well
insulated and gets pretty cold in the winter (water bottles will
freeze) and gets real hot in the summer.

I have heard that certain types of refrigerators have problems, but I
have a bunch of neighbors that have refrigerators in their garages in
my same type of house and say that they work fine.

Any hints to pick a good one? Someone once mentioned about making
sure that it had separate temperature controls for the refrig. and for
the freezer or something like that. Not sure of the details.

Michael

This is Turtle.

If your going to buy a frig. for the carport , i would say get you a Whirlpool
or Roper cheapest they make and have a static type condenser coil on it. This
means it has a big coil / radiator on the back and not a fan motor type blowing
through a coil under it. All the cheap refrigerators will come with the coil on
the back and you might even look for a NON- frost free with no defrost system on
it for they seem to weather well in the bad weather or hot area of the carports.
Also try not to get the ones that are energy Star Rated with a green sticker on
it for the more efficent it is, the more likely it may screw up in a very cold
area and in cold weather. You want the one that says Energy Hog where the Energy
Star rating sticker would be stuck on it.

OR Buy you one that was made about 20 years ago with a Energy Hog sticker on it.
The more energy that it waist will cause heat to be put into the system and help
in freezing weather. This is the reason that very old refrigerator work best on
carports.

Now I said Cheap and not trash equipment and try to go with Whirlpool or Roper.
Now if you want a refrigerator so you can have to work on it ever so often. Get
you a Frigidaire.

TURTLE