Jed

I live in Massachusetts, so I had a chance to experiment with my fridge in 0
degrees and below (it got to -25 with windhchill last winter, so 0 degrees
was a safe bet for inside my garage. The key for me is that we put our old
fridge out in the garage when we redid our kitchen, so I couldn't care less
what happens to it. Bottom line? I kept Heinekens in it all winter, and they
were icy cold all winter long and never frozen. There is nothing better than
an ice cold Heiny! It's all about the beer.

Don't go out and buy a new fridge for your garage. Find a piece of crap used
one and be happy (and stock with plenty of Heineken.

"George Wenzel" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Any things I need to make sure if I want to buy a refrigerator to put
in my garage. The garage is inside the house, but it is not very well
insulated and gets pretty cold in the winter (water bottles will
freeze) and gets real hot in the summer.

If the garage temperature gets below freezing, it'd probably not be a
great idea to have a refrigerator there. Fridges are designed to cool
things, not to warm them up. If the temperature is below freezing in the
garage, the stuff in the fridge will freeze also, unless you have
something present (another poster mentioned an electric blanket) to keep
the fridge above the freezing point.

Regards,

George Wenzel
--