Philip Lewis

(Chet Hayes) writes:
Putting rebar in the ground in this situation is a very bad idea.

[...]
Someone walking along could very easily trip, land on the rebar, and
seriously injure themselves.

Then bend over the tops like I did. It only took a vice and a
hammer.... of course when I get the forge started it will become a
much easier task.

Besides.... if he red flags them for a while (as initially suggested)
they should not be tripped over.

Actually, I think just red flagging the border (I assume they mean the
thin wire with a red flappy bit) for a while should be a clear enough
message.

As far as adverse possession goes, here is my understanding of the matter.

Telling him to raise the mower when he mows the area lets him know
that you know it is not his property, and gives him "permission" to
voluntarily maintain it, and is not "adverse". He also, by not
"correcting" you acknowledges your ownership.

If you asked him to stay off the property, and he doesn't, *then* the
clock starts, and "X" (15-20?) years latter (assuming he continues)
there might be a claim for adverse possession.

That's my laymans understanding, of course... if you really want to
know, hire a lawyer.

--
be safe.
flip