Banty

In article , Chet Hayes says...

Philip Lewis wrote in message
.edu...
"mark" writes:
But the rebar wouldn't pull out..I like that one.

actually you'd be suprised.

I use rebar as stakes for our pavilion (tent) and while they hold
really really well while in place and under tension, they come out with
ease when it is time to pack.

I've used anything from 1/2"x24" to 1"x36+" (which did require a knock
or two with a sledge to remove).

Putting rebar in the ground in this situation is a very bad idea.
Being short, at least partially hidden in the grass, they are an
accident waiting to happen. Someone walking along could very easily
trip, land on the rebar, and seriously injure themselves.

Right. And there's a hostile element to doing that which isn't necessary.

It would be completely effective to plant a hedge in a row marked by a width of
mulch. Problem solved in a safe, and usual way, with attendant benefits to boot
(drainage, privacy).

Banty