Bill & Kelly Peterson

Jeff,

Thanks so much for the help. How would I go about checking the power supply
coming into the unit? Would this be a problem with the circuit breaker?
Would I put a new one in to fix this problem?

Thanks again,
Bill

"jeff" wrote in message
om...
"Bill & Kelly Peterson" wrote in message

link.net...
My Kenmore diswasher (665.17779990) started acting up last month. When

I'd
push start, nothing would happen. Lights would blink on and off. I

finally
could get it to run by pushing "normal wash." But it would start and

stop
during rinse cycle.

An appliance repair person told me that there was a 90% chance that it

was a
bad computer board that was causing the problem. He asked if the lights

on
the display appeared dim even when not lit. I said they did. He said

for
sure it was a bad computer board.

So I thought I'd fix it myself. Went down to the parts place and got a

new
one. Installed it. Same problems. Figured it might be defective and

went
down to get another one. Installed it. Same problems.

My friend was wrong, it appears. Could somebody please tell me what

might
be wrong with my dishwasher?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have read about but not seen the key panal giving problems like
yours
A few techs in this forum have mentioned it before. There -should- be
a tech sheet inside to help diagnose/check the main control board and
key panal.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=777021
Touchpad & control panel assembly, black
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=786224
Touchpad & control panel assembly, white
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=827975
Touchpad & control panel assembly, almond

From what I have read about some of these newer Whirlpool built
Kenmore ( 665.######## ) dishwashers, pressure switch, key panal,
smart board are common trouble makers and the main power comming into
the unit should be checked....if the power supply is higher thna
normal or lower than normal the unit objects as well.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/