Bill & Kelly Peterson

Default Kenmore dishwasher acting up -- computer board?

My Kenmore diswasher (665.17779990) started acting up last month. When I'd
push start, nothing would happen. Lights would blink on and off. I finally
could get it to run by pushing "normal wash." But it would start and stop
during rinse cycle.

An appliance repair person told me that there was a 90% chance that it was a
bad computer board that was causing the problem. He asked if the lights on
the display appeared dim even when not lit. I said they did. He said for
sure it was a bad computer board.

So I thought I'd fix it myself. Went down to the parts place and got a new
one. Installed it. Same problems. Figured it might be defective and went
down to get another one. Installed it. Same problems.

My friend was wrong, it appears. Could somebody please tell me what might
be wrong with my dishwasher?

Thanks!