tioga 0630

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

you can bust up the tile with hammer and chisel, level out the wonderboard
with a thin layer of thinset, and retile. you can also take up the
wonderboard down to whatever is under it too, but likely it's screwed and
glued/cemented down and you're going to damage the next layer too.

Crap-a-doodle-doo, this is what I think's the case too. So then
there's no answer to the problem? I mean, I'd have to tear everything
down to the subflooring so that I'd be swinging from the joists?

I'm asking seriously, 'cause Mom always crows about how when she put
her wonderboard down, the guy said "this'll last forever. Nothing'll
ever make this loose." Now I know wonderboard is called wonderboard
because it doesn't let tiles get loose, but what kind of cement names
could I ask Mom if she remembers? ( A *BIG* "IF"!)