Chip C

(James Owens) wrote in message ...
Alan ) writes:
On 15 Sep 2004 18:27:03 -0700,
(Steve Nekias)
wrote:

Don't forget that the OP asked:

Does a standard AC wall outlet with two receptacles count as one
"outlet"
or two?

The CEC does not require a dedicated circuit for a wall A/C, but it is
recommended.

Maybe he was asking about AC as opposed to DC and wasn't asking about
A/C at all?

So _that's_ how air conditioners got into it! No, I meant alternating
current -- redundant information, I suppose. Sorry to have caused
confusion, and thanks for the answer. There is no A/C involved but I will
probably not wire all 12 outlets -- maybe 10 per circuit. I do plan to mix
lighting fixtures and receptacles on each circuit. Also I will have more
in each room than is required to meet the code's "within six feet of any
point along the wall" specification. Thanks to all.

Now what's an "OP"?

OP is "original poster". That's you. Aren't your ears burning...?

A duplex outlet counts as one outlet-thing, as has been mentioned.
Simplex outlets are rare, duplex outlets are the norm, even (strangely
enough) on "dedicated" circuits like for fridges and freezers. I do
presume they are legal to install for that purpose.

Since you're mixing lighting fixtures and plug outlets, bear in mind
that per Canadian code, if there is even one light fixture ("lighting
outlet") on the circuit, you may use only a 15A breaker, even if all
the wiring is 12 gauge. (And no, I don't think I see the reason for
such a rule.)

Chip C
Toronto