Raptornaut

Could be that there's not enough water going into the bowl to make a good
flush (it takes a minimum amount of water in the bowl to force its way past
the 'p' trap and down the drain...not enough water results in slow flushes).
Do this: fill a bucket about half way with water. Flush your toilet, and
while it's flushing, start pouring water into the bowl from the bucket. If
it flushes fine, look at adjusting the water level in your tank higher (to
force more water down the bowl when you flush), if it doesn't, look in the
bowl during a flush to see if the holes under the rim of the bowl are not
letting the water flow sufficiently into the bowl (how old is the toilet?)..
If that's the case, you can't really clean the holes...just get a new
toilet.

If the bucket trick doesn't work and the bowl fill holes are clean and
flowing strongly, buy the toilet auger and try it in the toilet.

If it's the main line that is clogged, you'd notice more than just one
toilet draining slowly, you'd notice sinks, bathtubs and other toilets
draining slowly, since they all share the one line to the city sewer line.

Good luck...

"Alistair Smythe" Alistair wrote in message
When I flush my toilet the water does not flow down. The tank fills the
toilet and it almost floods the bathroom then the water slowly empties

from
the tank. I have plunged and have not made any head way. What can I do?