JerryMouse

tioga 0630 wrote:
I watched Ron Hazelton's House Calls this weekend, and he parodied the
work of ripping up his wife's huge tile floor and replacing it with
tongue-and-groove.

He said a diamond-tipped blade on a circular saw will rip through the
grout AND the underlayment, but I need to know if a blade like this
would rip through wonderboard.

Also, what is the typical width of wonderboard, so that I'd know what
depth to set the blade angle at? The tile was laid in the mid/early
90's, when the homeowner was told that once wonderboard was there,
"you'll never rip the floor up again."

That, of course, presupposed the homeowner would never WANT to rip it
up, and now she does. And I'm the one who'd going to have to do the
ripping.

I'd paint over it.