G&M

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
G&M wrote:
I'm considering fixing a frame type BT socket into a panel mounting
XLR body.

If you use the Neutrik modular XLR system you should be able to put an
in-line BT socket inside. This was how their prototype "XLR" RJ-45 was
made.

Yup. This is what I've done. Fixed in place with car body filler. Looks
good.

I don't think an 'in line' type would fit, though, unless the socket comes
out of the cover. I've got some frame types designed for PCB mounting, and
the basic socket on those had to be 'eased' slightly to fit.

Incidentally, I used UV curing filler for this - it's one part and saves
all that mixing which is a bit wasteful for a tiny amount.

Is that the same stuff dentists now use for fillings ?