Pete C

On 26 Sep 2004 11:28:46 -0700,
(energy_freak) wrote:

So, the real question is, what do I do in winter time as I have a heat
sink coming to my house at 48-53F? Can I use a properly designed
dehumidification stage to reverse it and heat the air? I can leave the
current gas heaters but I hate to do that because local Gas Utility is
simply another monopoly which is charging whatever they want for gas
during the winter season (so, it is a matter of principal if you
will). I really want to get rid of gas utility all together and go
electric. Talking to numerous people, I realize that I have to build
the system without using pre-packaged solution unless somebody here
can direct me to the right people.

And the last wish, I would appreciate any input, constructive
criticism even flame regarding my proposed ideas and design, but
please spare me from any suggestions on other geothermal alternatives,
including closed loop systems as well as any single function
commercially available units.

Hi,

You may be able to adapt a split air conditioner/heat pump to use your
well water as a source, are you dead set against using a heat pump?

Whether a heat pump is better than gas for winter heating depends
largely on the relative cost of electricity to gas. How do they
compare in your area?

cheers,
Pete.