CJT

John Fields wrote:
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:03:32 -0400, "Art"
wrote:

Having an open resistance reading on the primary in indicative there

has been failure within the transformer, be it an open thermal protect
device or actually a break within the actual primary wires.

---
You obviously missed the point, which was that a finite resistance
could be measured from the center tap to either end of the primary but
that the end-to-end resistance was infinite.

Any chance there's more in there than a transformer? Like a couple
of protective diodes (perhaps as snubbers) that are back-to-back when
viewed from end-to-end? It would be odd, but not completely out of
the question.