Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

"Maurice Gavin" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:48:37 +0000 (UTC), "Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote:

I am now at the stage where I want to weather proof my observatory roof.

Its
an octagon pyramid and I need to keep it as light as possible. Its made

of
6mm exterior ply and I am looking for off the shelf suggestions to
weatherproof it. I don't want to use varnish.

I have been wondering if I could use some kind of bitumen paint with the
fibres in, not sure what its called but its used to coat or mend flat

roofs.

Steve

Ron Johnson's ply dome that I designed at
http://home.freeuk.net/m.gavin/rondome.htm
is 'weathered' with flexible epoxy paint and after two years is still
perfect. It's much lighter than old fashioned bitumen.

I going to visit a chandlers next week and see what they offer.. I may take
my camping chair as well so I can sit down just before they quote the price.
Thanks
Steve

The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com