Andrew Welham

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Andrew Welham wrote:

Its mounted on the party wall near the center of the house.
All the pipes are near the center of the house, even though there not
next to the roof, I'm still concerned about freezing.

Be eqauul as concverned about heat loss into te rof space. If its a cold
roof as most are tehse days you will have a sub zero wind whipping the
heat out of those pipes faster than you can say 'Intentioally Idiotic
Moron' and lose a huge amount of heating capaciy before the pipes even
get into teh house.

Insulate them *all* to the absolute hilt. Foam wraps, taped down, and
(in my case) chipboard 'trunking' packed with rockwool as well.

Its cheap and it saves money - so why not do it?

Andrew

VisionSet wrote:

"Andrew Welham" wrote in message

Dear All

Had my combi fitted in the loft back in July works fine. The only
worrying part is the copper pipes for hot/cold water and radiator
feed/return are not insulated. I’m going to insulate the cold pipes. My
question is should I insulate the hot pipes, and if so do I need to use
special insulation as I’m concerned about a fire risk with hot pipes
and
insulation.

Where and how is your combi mounted? on a party wall or gable end ?

--
Mike W

Thanks for the advice, all my pipes to and from the combi in the loft
are now well insulated

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with .