BarmyOne

John Laird wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:16:39 GMT, BarmyOne wrote:

That's worth remembering for next time. I had thought based on the use
of dust sheets being used in the kitchen that they would have continued
to use them in the living room. They insist they did, but that the paint
seeped through the sheets and speckled the settee. Time they purchased
some new ones I think.

I suggest you don't use these guys again.

Don't worry, I shan't be doing. I shall however, let them finish the job.

Paint that seeped through a sheet
would leave smears. Specks are what fall off brushes or rollers onto
unprotected surfaces.

That was my thinking as well.

In another post you mentioned that the ceiling had indeed been glossed, and
I presume it is this which is on your leather suite. Gloss paint is going
to be harder to shift than emulsion - I am torn between suggesting you try
to get it off before it fully hardens,

It seems to have done so. At least it doesn't "smear" as you would
expect if you tried to wipe paint off of a surface and it hadn't dried.

or waiting until that happens in the
hope it may flake off more easily. Perhaps the latter. If the leather is
soft, you may be able to "pinch" an area with your fingers and acutely fold
the skin under a speckle to see if it can be teased off.

I have tried this but it doesn't seem to be working. The remaining specs
are quite small but persistant. At least they have resisted my
scratching at them with my fingernail.

It's unlikely the
leather will fall apart if you gently scrape the surface with something
semi-sharp. It was once gracing the outside of a cow...

Good point and after reading that sentence. I am happy to confirm that a
couple of them have been removed. Using a blunt knife and stretching the
leather between my thumb and forefinger. Unfortunately, one of them I
attacked using this method has infact smeared. So it looks like I
shall have to wait for them all to harden up a little bit before I try
that again.