Andy Hall

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:39:30 +0100, Andrew Welham
wrote:

Dear All

Had my combi fitted in the loft back in July works fine. The only
worrying part is the copper pipes for hot/cold water and radiator
feed/return are not insulated. I’m going to insulate the cold pipes. My
question is should I insulate the hot pipes, and if so do I need to use
special insulation as I’m concerned about a fire risk with hot pipes and
insulation.

Many Thanks
Andrew

You should definitely insulate all the pipes.

It is possible that something can fail, or that you are away for a few
days etc. and it freezes.

There's no fire risk at all.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl