The Natural Philosopher

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

Christian McArdle wrote:

Because people don't want to? After all, Ghod forbid that they should
choose.

I choose metric, as do a large proportion of my generation. I find that my
generation uses metric for everything, except the following:

1. Road distances and speeds

But I can actually use both, and do as you ned to on teh continenet.

2. Volume of beer and cider (but not other drinks)

Yes.

3. Weight of a person only (but not other things)

Yse.

4. Height of a person only (but not other things)

Yes.

5. Idioms

Add in temperature. I have almost forgotten what 100 degreed F is like.

Ther as someything nice about fahrenheit. 0 degrees was the coldest it
ever got and 100 degrees was the hottest it ever got in te year and
place wherever Mr Fahrenit did his measurements...

I am totally bilingual on linesar measuremenst too - inches/mm - use
ether one and have most of the convesrsions in my head.

Prefer watts to BTU/h

Or Bhp.

Harmonisation and decimilastin is on balance a good thing, but teh old
measures were fun and have historical sigbnificance amnd meaning. I miss
them.

Christian.