AK

"BarmyOne" wrote in message

That's worth remembering for next time. I had thought based on the use
of dust sheets being used in the kitchen that they would have continued
to use them in the living room. They insist they did, but that the paint
seeped through the sheets and speckled the settee. Time they purchased
some new ones I think.

They have damaged it I would suggest you make them put it right. If they
are professional decorators they should know full well how to protect things
from paint and if their dust sheets were too porous that's there problem.
If it can't be got off claim for a new sofa