Cicero

"BarmyOne" wrote in message
Hi,

I had my kitchen (walls and ceiling) and living room (ceiling) painted
yesterday. Unfortunately, things didn't go to plan and extra coats are
required in both rooms so the guy is coming back to complete the job.

The annoying thing is the smell of paint still lingers in the two rooms.
I have had the windows open and a bucket of water in the middle of each
room which is supposed to soak-up the smell. But it isn't doing. Which
lead to my waking up this morning with one hell of a headache.

Can anyone sugest a method of getting rid of the paint fumes?

Also, in the living room my leather settee suffered paint "specs", which
aren't coming off using just plain water and elbow greese (as the
painter sugested). Can anyone sugest any other methods to remove the
specs. That won't damage the leather?

And finally, seeing as the guy is coming back and I don't want the
overpowering smell of paint lingering again can anyone sugest any
particular brand of odourless paint that is truely odourless? As I
intend of purchasing some and let him use that.

Anything to get rid of the smell and my new headaches

Thanks.

When the painting is finished open all windows and use an electric fan for a
few hours to clear the fumes. I would also suggest to your decorator that he
uses a dust sheet to cover your expensive leather settee, or cover it
yourself with a cheap polythene sheet from 'Focus' etc. before painting
begins.

Cic.