raden

In message , "Mungo \"two sheds\"
Toadfoot" writes
Christian McArdle wrote:
I've got a New World Royale 600 gas cooker with a self-lighting oven
- you turn the gas on and the sparker clicks away until the oven
lights.

First, how's it do that then?

Hardly rocket science.

Probably not, but then I don't think tiling is rocket science, or earth
bonding, or a lot of the questions asked here.

Now that's where you're wrong. The cooker ignition circuit was developed
(along with PTFE) by NASA scientists for lighting Saturn 5 rockets from
a distance after they had several failures with the "light blue touch
paper and retire to a safe distance"

Tiles, of course, were invented for making Space Shuttles look cool and
sparkle on re-entry, although the use of "No More Nails" to stick them
on with might not have been the best idea

--
geoff