N. Thornton

(Richard) wrote in message om...
Hi

According to my structural engineerI need to dig down into a concrete
floor and into the ground to make some concrete footings for a RHS.
This RHS will support an RSJ. what's the easiest and least labour
intensive tool for doing this?

Probably a builder, but thats also the most expensive. Tool options
for small bit removing would be large angel grinder, SDS and chisel
bit, or hammer and chisel, or for whole slab removal, sledge hammer
and pry bar, or very preferably a big breaker. Sledging concrete's
hard labour. You could also go for explosive, but I really really dont
recommend it.

If youre unlucky and its steel reinforced, you'll have to hammer the
crap out of it, and cut the steels bars with grinder or bolt croppers.
Note diamond discs are not much good at cutting steel.

I also need to remove a load bearing wall and want to cut the old
brickwork away, what's the best tool for this? I would like to keep
dust to a minimum if possible.

Again youve got angle grinder, hammer, breaker to choose from. But
props are surely the best tool on that job.

Also any suggestions on where I can obtain these tools from?

Angle grinders only 35 for a bigun, screwfix, toolstation.com, local
sheds. Big breakers are pricey, so hire places.

NT