G&M

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
I'd like a panel mounting as small and neat a BT socket as possible. Slave
type, not that it matters. Plenty of frame ones at RS etc, but none
apparently exactly what I need. I'd like one just slightly larger than the
socket itself that clips into a cut out. Or some suggestions. ;-) The
panel will have a printed 'cover' panel, so fixing screws etc could be
concealed.

You can buy in-line female to female joiners for extending a run using two
cables. These will unclip from each other giving probably the smallest
female socket you can get and I've filed then glued these onto numerous
surfaces. You'll need to joint the wires behind it somehow though.